FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Packaging

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Srineth Priyanka
 
Default How do Packaging

Hello,
I'm new to rpm packaging in fedora, May I know how to do rpm packaging in fedora, If have any refernces please send me url or docs

Thanks.

--
packaging mailing list
packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/packaging
 
Old 04-10-2012, 10:30 AM
"Truong Anh. Tuan"
 
Default How do Packaging

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Srineth Priyanka" <srineth.priyanka@gmail.com>
> To: packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org
> Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 5:00:16 PM
> Subject: [Fedora-packaging] How do Packaging
>
> I'm new to rpm packaging in fedora, May I know how to do rpm
> packaging in fedora, If have any refernces please send me url or
> docs

You can read this short tutorial [1] for understandings and then
read the full Packaging Guidelines [2].

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/A_Short_RPM_Tutorial
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines

Kind regards,
Tuan
--
packaging mailing list
packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/packaging
 
Old 04-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Jochen Schmitt
 
Default How do Packaging

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 06:00:16AM -0400, Srineth Priyanka wrote:
> I'm new to rpm packaging in fedora, May I know how to do rpm packaging in
> fedora, If have any refernces please send me url or docs

I think

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Package_Maintainers

should be a good start page. This page contains links to other
pages with explaination of how to become a package maintainers
or tutorials of how to create a RPM package.

Best Regards:

Jochen Schmitt
--
packaging mailing list
packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/packaging
 
Old 04-10-2012, 11:22 AM
Christopher Meng
 
Default How do Packaging

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_an_RPM_package

This one is helpful for newbies.
On Tuesday, April 10, 2012, Jochen Schmitt <Jochen@herr-schmitt.de> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 06:00:16AM -0400, Srineth Priyanka wrote:
>> I'm new to rpm packaging in fedora, May I know how to do rpm packaging in
>> fedora, If have any refernces please send me url or docs

>
> I think
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Package_Maintainers
>
> should be a good start page. This page contains links to other

> pages with explaination of how to become a package maintainers
> or tutorials of how to create a RPM package.
>
> Best Regards:
>
> Jochen Schmitt
> --
> packaging mailing list

> packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/packaging


--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

--
packaging mailing list
packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/packaging
 
Old 04-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Srineth Priyanka
 
Default How do Packaging

Hello,Thanks for your quick replies.
Thanks.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Christopher Meng <cickumqt@gmail.com>


Date: Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 7:22 AM
Subject: Re: [Fedora-packaging] How do Packaging
To: Discussion of RPM packaging standards and practices for Fedora <packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org>




https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_an_RPM_package

This one is helpful for newbies.

On Tuesday, April 10, 2012, Jochen Schmitt <Jochen@herr-schmitt.de> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 06:00:16AM -0400, Srineth Priyanka wrote:
>> I'm new to rpm packaging in fedora, May I know how to do rpm packaging in
>> fedora, If have any refernces please send me url or docs



>
> I think
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Package_Maintainers
>
> should be a good start page. This page contains links to other



> pages with explaination of how to become a package maintainers
> or tutorials of how to create a RPM package.
>
> Best Regards:
>
> Jochen Schmitt
> --
> packaging mailing list



> packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/packaging




--
Sent from Gmail Mobile


--

packaging mailing list

packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/packaging


--
packaging mailing list
packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/packaging
 
Old 04-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Srineth Priyanka
 
Default How do Packaging

Hello,I tried to follow this*http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/A_Short_RPM_Tutorial*linkbut command line is not working. How do I*accomplish my task

Thanks*

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 6:30 AM, Truong Anh. Tuan <tuanta@iwayvietnam.com> wrote:



----- Original Message -----

> From: "Srineth Priyanka" <srineth.priyanka@gmail.com>

> To: packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org

> Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 5:00:16 PM

> Subject: [Fedora-packaging] How do Packaging

>

> I'm new to rpm packaging in fedora, May I know how to do rpm

> packaging in fedora, If have any refernces please send me url or

> docs



You can read this short tutorial [1] for understandings and then

read the full Packaging Guidelines [2].



[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/A_Short_RPM_Tutorial

[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines



Kind regards,

Tuan

--

packaging mailing list

packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/packaging

--
packaging mailing list
packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/packaging
 
Old 04-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Praveen Kumar
 
Default How do Packaging

2012/4/10 Srineth Priyanka <srineth.priyanka@gmail.com>


Hello,I tried to follow this*http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/A_Short_RPM_Tutorial*linkbut command line is not working. How do I*accomplish my task



Thanks*
Did you installed all required tools?
yum install @development-tools
yum install fedora-packager

If yes, then which command is not working?


--
Praveen Kumar
http://fedoraproject.org/
http://kumar-pravin.blogspot.com
*

--
packaging mailing list
packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/packaging
 
Old 04-10-2012, 02:58 PM
Srineth Priyanka
 
Default How do Packaging

Helloatleast*yum install @development-tools command also not working
thanks


On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Praveen Kumar <kumarpraveen.nitdgp@gmail.com> wrote:



2012/4/10 Srineth Priyanka <srineth.priyanka@gmail.com>



Hello,I tried to follow this*http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/A_Short_RPM_Tutorial*linkbut command line is not working. How do I*accomplish my task




Thanks*
Did you installed all required tools?
yum install @development-tools
yum install fedora-packager

If yes, then which command is not working?



--
Praveen Kumar
http://fedoraproject.org/
http://kumar-pravin.blogspot.com
*


--

packaging mailing list

packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/packaging


--
packaging mailing list
packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/packaging
 
Old 04-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Praveen Kumar
 
Default How do Packaging

2012/4/10 Srineth Priyanka <srineth.priyanka@gmail.com>


Helloatleast*yum install @development-tools command also not working
thanks



Can you tell us what error are you getting when executing this command?
Please provide sufficient* details before asking your query, then only people will help you.
*
--


Praveen Kumar
http://fedoraproject.org/
http://kumar-pravin.blogspot.com
*

--
packaging mailing list
packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/packaging
 
Old 04-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Jochen Schmitt
 
Default How do Packaging

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 08:34:45PM +0530, Praveen Kumar wrote:
> 2012/4/10 Srineth Priyanka <srineth.priyanka@gmail.com>
> > atleast yum install @development-tools command also not working
> >
> > thanks

I suggest, that you should try out

# yum groupinstall 'Development Tools'

There is a difference between a simple package like gcc and a group
like 'Development Tools' which is a collection of serveral packages.

yout can get a list of all available groups with

$ yum grouplist

Best Regards:

Jochen Schmitt
--
packaging mailing list
packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/packaging
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:15 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org