Old 04-17-2012, 07:58 PM
Srineth Priyanka

Default How do Packaging

Hello,I have tried to build package inside the rpmbuild/SPEC directory in first time. I am invoked errors. What are the reasons them?[srineth@localhost SPECS]$ $ rpmbuild -ba limesurvey.spec
bash: $: command not found...Failed to search for file: Invalid input passed to daemon: char '$' in text!
Thanks
On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Matthias Runge <mrunge@matthias-runge.de> wrote:

On 16/04/12 22:25, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 10:04:31 +0530

> Srineth Priyanka <srineth.priyanka@gmail.com> wrote:

> With limesurvey we will need to make sure it's using system/packaged

> versions of things instead of any bundled versions. I'm trying to track

> down the last spec of the folks who were working on it a while back,

> but things might also have changed since the version they were working

> on.

Yeah, I remember taking a look onto this about two months ago.

limesurvey still uses several bundled software packages.

--

Matthias Runge <mrunge@matthias-runge.de>

* * * * * * * <mrunge@fedoraproject.org>

Old 04-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Nelson Manuel Marques

# yum install rpm-build

Melhores cumprimentos,
Nelson M. Marques

<mrunge@fedoraproject.org<mailto:mrunge@fedoraproj ect.org>>

Old 04-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Mario Blättermann

Am 17.04.2012 21:58, schrieb Srineth Priyanka:
> Hello,
> I have tried to build package inside the rpmbuild/SPEC directory in
> first time. I am invoked errors. What are the reasons them?
> [srineth@localhost SPECS]$ $ rpmbuild -ba limesurvey.spec
> bash: $: command not found...
> Failed to search for file: Invalid input passed to daemon: char '$' in text!

Your terminal already shows the $ character anyway. Please use the
command as is:

rpmbuild -ba limesurvey.spec

Cheers,
Mario

Old 04-17-2012, 10:35 PM
Björn Persson

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Try and build it without any BuildRequires, see what doesn't work,
> figure out what it's looking for and add that, then repeat.

There is a risk with that method. Some build system try to be smart and
automatically turn off optional features if they don't find some library that
those features require. When the build seems to work, you still need to check
that all the components and features that the software is supposed to have are
actually there.

Björn Persson

Old 04-18-2012, 03:31 AM
Kevin Fenzi

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 00:35:45 +0200
Björn Persson <bjorn@xn--rombobjrn-67a.se> wrote:

> Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > Try and build it without any BuildRequires, see what doesn't work,
> > figure out what it's looking for and add that, then repeat.
>
> There is a risk with that method. Some build system try to be smart
> and automatically turn off optional features if they don't find some
> library that those features require. When the build seems to work,
> you still need to check that all the components and features that the
> software is supposed to have are actually there.

Sure, you should check build logs and the software's docs on what it
needs to build too.

kevin

Old 04-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Srineth Priyanka

Hi,I think, dupral.rpm package is same as the limesurvey package. Therefore while searching through internet, I could find duprasl rpm spec file*http://dries.ulyssis.org/rpm/packages/drupal5/drupal5-spec.html. I could get some tags and section using this file. But when limesurvey is built, show an error(shown in below ) in prep section, Even I did not give anything to that. Can anyone help me to solve that

/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.221K8K: line 40: cd: limesurvey-12.04: No such file or directoryerror: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.221K8K (%prep)
RPM build errors:

Old 04-22-2012, 03:34 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 18:36:22 +0530, SP (Srineth) wrote:

> Hi,
> I think, dupral.rpm package is same as the limesurvey package. Therefore
> while searching through internet, I could find duprasl rpm spec file
> http://dries.ulyssis.org/rpm/packages/drupal5/drupal5-spec.html. I could
> get some tags and section using this file. But when limesurvey is built,
> show an error(shown in below ) in prep section, Even I did not give
> anything to that. Can anyone help me to solve that
>
> /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.221K8K: line 40: cd: limesurvey-12.04: No such file or
> directory
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.221K8K (%prep)

This means you need to adjust the %setup command's option(s) in the %prep
section to match with the structure of the extracted limesurvey package.
The default is to enter directory %{name}-%{version}. Get familiar with
the limesurvey source tarball contents. Pay attention to what name its
top directory has. If it is not named limesurvey-12.04, you would need
a %setup command with option -n, such as

%setup -n SomeOtherTopDirName

For more detailed help, full rpmbuild output is missing.

--
Fedora release 17 (Beefy Miracle) - Linux 3.3.2-1.fc17.x86_64
loadavg: 0.00 0.01 0.05

Old 04-22-2012, 04:18 PM
Srineth Priyanka

Hi,My limesurvey tarball name is *"limesurvey192plus-build120412.tar.bz2". It is in SOURCE folder. So As u*mentioned, I think
I would need
a %setup command with option -n.So is this %setup correct? (I think it is correct)
Thanks