Old 04-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Russell Golden

Default EPEL packaging question - mozilla-adblockplus

mozilla-adblockplus won't build in EL6. I suspect the version of
python-jinja2 is too old.

My question: The upstream XPI for mozilla-adblockplus includes a JAR
file. This JAR file contains _no_ libraries or binaries. It only has
images, javascript, and some XUL files. Definitely no Java, despite
the JAR extension.

It appears to me that there are three options.

Option 1: Unpack the upstream XPI and ship that.
Option 2: Figure out how to make this package build, if it can at all.
Option 3: Retire the package. AdBlock Plus 1.x will be disabled by
default in Firefox 10 without disabling addon compat checking, and I'm
not even sure it will work at all.

Russell Golden
Fedora Project Contributor
niveusluna@niveusluna.org
(972) 836-7128
--
"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will
add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your