Old 03-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Vinzenz Vietzke

Default Installing GConf schemas

Hi,

I'm trying to package polly [1] for F16.
Everything works fine but obviously the package makes GConf schemas only
available for root, not for normal users.

Any hints on where my mistake is?
Spec: http://vinz.fedorapeople.org/polly/polly.spec
Src: http://vinz.fedorapeople.org/polly/polly-395bzr.tar.gz

Regards, vinz.
--
Vinzenz Vietzke
Fedora Events Ninja / Coordination German L10N Team

Mail: vietzke@b1-systems.de

B1 Systems GmbH

Old 03-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 16:15:49 +0100, VV (Vinzenz) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to package polly [1] for F16.
> Everything works fine but obviously the package makes GConf schemas only
> available for root, not for normal users.
>
> Any hints on where my mistake is?
> Spec: http://vinz.fedorapeople.org/polly/polly.spec
> Src: http://vinz.fedorapeople.org/polly/polly-395bzr.tar.gz

That could be regression in gconftool-2. Many years ago we've had to SIGHUP
gconfd-2 at the end of the scriptlets. Later on, a "reload" patch applied to
gconftool has made that unnecessary:

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=GConf2.git;a=tree;h=e3e569b49588b8c9d1e41081470 b28fbf6641ed8;hb=58752f42394a5d97d30a3ac65f42db1ea a7daf46

That patch has been dropped with the upgrade from GConf 2.32.x to 3.1.3 in 2011.
It has not been merged either, possibly because the code uses a different method
to signal the daemon.

What I can reproduce with F-16 is that installing the package does not make
available the schemas unless I SIGHUP gconfd-2 manually (or restart it).

--
Fedora release 16 (Verne) - Linux 3.2.7-1.fc16.x86_64
loadavg: 0.14 0.22 0.16