-   -   Time for Lua packaging guidelines? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-packaging/628175-time-lua-packaging-guidelines.html)

Michel Alexandre Salim 02-02-2012 01:04 PM

Time for Lua packaging guidelines?

Jon Ciesla 02-02-2012 01:11 PM

Time for Lua packaging guidelines?

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 8:04 AM, Michel Alexandre Salim
<salimma@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

in your fear, seek only peace
in your fear, seek only love

-d. bowie

Michel Alexandre Salim 02-03-2012 07:03 PM

Time for Lua packaging guidelines?

Michel Alexandre Salim 02-21-2012 01:54 PM

Time for Lua packaging guidelines?

Dear Lua SIG and packaging folks,

On 02/02/2012 03:11 PM, Jon Ciesla wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 8:04 AM, Michel Alexandre Salim
> <salimma@fedoraproject.org> wrote: Hi all,
>
> As we start accumulating more Lua packages in our repository, is
> it perhaps time to start working on Lua packaging guidelines
> (similar to one for Python, Ocaml etc.).
>
> There are ongoing reviews for lutok and datalog, in particular,
> where a guideline on package naming would be useful. A rule saying
> "use lua- prefix unless package starts with lu / lua", similar to
> what we have for Python, would cover lutok, for example (but not
> datalog).
>
> Has anyone started on something like this? Searching the wiki for
> Lua does not turn up any draft packaging guidelines. I can start
> one if people are interested.
>
>> That would be excellent. If you could also reach out to other
>> packagers that you know work with lua a lot for their input, and
>> include rationales for thing, problems they solve/prevent, etc,
>> and submit a draft, FPC will have a look.

I've posted an initial draft here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Lua

- -- please discuss proposed changes in the discussion tab.

I plan to look further into the LuaRocks situation once I have a bit
more time (sometime after next week) and make that section more
fleshed out before submitting this to FPC.

Best regards,

- --
Michel Alexandre Salim
Fedora Project Contributor: http://fedoraproject.org/

Email: salimma@fedoraproject.org | GPG key ID: A36A937A
Jabber: hircus@jabber.ccc.de | IRC: hircus@irc.freenode.net

Panu Matilainen 02-21-2012 03:19 PM

[...]

Just FWIW, it shouldn't be hard at all to create a drop-in automatic
dependency generator for the lua(abi) requires (and provides for that
matter), similarly to what's done for python(abi) dependencies.

- Panu -