-   -   New owner for clamav? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-packaging/624829-new-owner-clamav.html)

Philip Prindeville 01-25-2012 03:56 AM

New owner for clamav?

I've filed a few defects against different issues with clamav not installing correctly, missing files, and having the wrong permissions that precludes interactions with collaborating software such as postfix and mimedefang.

I've not had traction on this, i.e. not heard back from the owner.

I'd like to request that this package be considered orphaned and eligible for reassignment... and by the same occasion, ask if there's anyone willing to adopt it?

It doesn't require a lot of patching. It just is finicky about being installed correctly with the correct users in place, group ownerships, etc.

I will add that the support of sysvinit, upstart, and systemd makes this package a little more thorny than most, just so that if anyone steps up they don't do so uninformed.

Thanks,

-Philip

Tom Callaway 01-25-2012 02:47 PM

New owner for clamav?

On 01/24/2012 11:56 PM, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> I've filed a few defects against different issues with clamav not installing correctly, missing files, and having the wrong permissions that precludes interactions with collaborating software such as postfix and mimedefang.
>
> I've not had traction on this, i.e. not heard back from the owner.
>
> I'd like to request that this package be considered orphaned and eligible for reassignment... and by the same occasion, ask if there's anyone willing to adopt it?
>
> It doesn't require a lot of patching. It just is finicky about being installed correctly with the correct users in place, group ownerships, etc.
>
> I will add that the support of sysvinit, upstart, and systemd makes this package a little more thorny than most, just so that if anyone steps up they don't do so uninformed.

This should be going to devel@lists.fedoraproject.org.

~tom

Philip Prindeville 01-25-2012 06:52 PM

New owner for clamav?

On 1/25/12 8:47 AM, Tom Callaway wrote:
> On 01/24/2012 11:56 PM, Philip Prindeville wrote:
>> I've filed a few defects against different issues with clamav not installing correctly, missing files, and having the wrong permissions that precludes interactions with collaborating software such as postfix and mimedefang.
>>
>> I've not had traction on this, i.e. not heard back from the owner.
>>
>> I'd like to request that this package be considered orphaned and eligible for reassignment... and by the same occasion, ask if there's anyone willing to adopt it?
>>
>> It doesn't require a lot of patching. It just is finicky about being installed correctly with the correct users in place, group ownerships, etc.
>>
>> I will add that the support of sysvinit, upstart, and systemd makes this package a little more thorny than most, just so that if anyone steps up they don't do so uninformed.
> This should be going to devel@lists.fedoraproject.org.
>
> ~tom

Ok, moving to -devel.

Christopher Meng 01-26-2012 04:27 AM

New owner for clamav?

clamav in repoforge is working,you can take a look.
besides,you should send this question to devel list.

On 1/25/12, Philip Prindeville <philipp_subx@redfish-solutions.com> wrote:
> I've filed a few defects against different issues with clamav not installing
> correctly, missing files, and having the wrong permissions that precludes
> interactions with collaborating software such as postfix and mimedefang.
>
> I've not had traction on this, i.e. not heard back from the owner.
>
> I'd like to request that this package be considered orphaned and eligible
> for reassignment... and by the same occasion, ask if there's anyone willing
> to adopt it?
>
> It doesn't require a lot of patching. It just is finicky about being
> installed correctly with the correct users in place, group ownerships, etc.
>
> I will add that the support of sysvinit, upstart, and systemd makes this
> package a little more thorny than most, just so that if anyone steps up they
> don't do so uninformed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Philip

Best Regards,