Old 01-21-2012, 12:06 PM
"Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson"

Default Error in PREUN scriptlet in rpm package.

When updating a package I came across this "Error in PREUN scriptlet in
rpm package".

Now further inspection revealed that there was a misplaced semicolon in
%preun section of the relevant spec file.

Easily fixable but what is the proper procedure to fix this via update
without having the user having to go to a terminal and run rpm -e
--noscripts $oldpackage to remove the old package?

JBG

Old 01-22-2012, 08:15 AM
"Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson"

When updating a package I came across this "Error in PREUN scriptlet
in rpm package".

Now further inspection revealed that there was a misplaced semicolon
in %preun section of the relevant spec file.

Easily fixable but what is the proper procedure to fix this via update
without having the user having to go to a terminal and run rpm -e
--noscripts $oldpackage to remove the old package?

Given the lack of response I assume that there is no proper way to
handle this other than forcing users of the particular component to
manually remove the relevant package after that update has been pushed.

JBG

Old 01-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Chuck Anderson

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 09:15:49AM +0000, "Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson" wrote:
> On 01/21/2012 01:06 PM, "Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson" wrote:
>> When updating a package I came across this "Error in PREUN scriptlet
>> in rpm package".
>>
>> Now further inspection revealed that there was a misplaced semicolon
>> in %preun section of the relevant spec file.
>>
>> Easily fixable but what is the proper procedure to fix this via update
>> without having the user having to go to a terminal and run rpm -e
>> --noscripts $oldpackage to remove the old package?
>
> Given the lack of response I assume that there is no proper way to
> handle this other than forcing users of the particular component to
> manually remove the relevant package after that update has been pushed.

You might be able to use a trigger or posttrans to fix it.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Rex Dieter

Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson wrote:

> When updating a package I came across this "Error in PREUN scriptlet in
> rpm package".
>
> Now further inspection revealed that there was a misplaced semicolon in
> %preun section of the relevant spec file.
>
> Easily fixable but what is the proper procedure to fix this via update
> without having the user having to go to a terminal and run rpm -e
> --noscripts $oldpackage to remove the old package?

I guess one question is ... does this bad preun script cause problems when
doing a pkg ugprade? If not, you're ok. If yes, then you're likely stuck
with the "rpm -e --noscripts" approach.

-- rex