Old 03-31-2008, 02:52 PM
"Tom "spot" Callaway"

Default Meeting Reminder: April 1, 2008

Just a reminder to FPC members: We will meet tomorrow, April 1, 2008 to
try to work through more of the pending drafts.

Sadly, this is not an April Fools joke.

Thanks,

~spot

Old 03-31-2008, 03:04 PM
Ralf Corsepius

On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 10:52 -0400, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> Just a reminder to FPC members: We will meet tomorrow, April 1, 2008 to
> try to work through more of the pending drafts.
>
> Sadly, this is not an April Fools joke.
At what time of day?

Europe has changed to DST last weekend.

=> 17:00 UTC (19:00 CEST) would hardly possible for me to join.

Ralf

Old 03-31-2008, 07:17 PM
Andrew Overholt

* Tom spot Callaway <tcallawa@redhat.com> [2008-03-31 10:52]:
> Just a reminder to FPC members: We will meet tomorrow, April 1, 2008 to
> try to work through more of the pending drafts.

I can't edit the agenda anymore, but I made a script as requested for
the building of Eclipse plugins and changed the guidelines to reflect
this. I've got it building into rawhide now and put a note in the
guidelines about how to build for pre-F9. We can look at back-porting
it to F8 in the future.

Andrew

Old 04-01-2008, 07:41 AM
Hans de Goede

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

Just a reminder to FPC members: We will meet tomorrow, April 1, 2008 to
try to work through more of the pending drafts.

Sadly, this is not an April Fools joke.

At what time of day?

Europe has changed to DST last weekend.

=> 17:00 UTC (19:00 CEST) would hardly possible for me to join.

Hmm, I rather like the move from 18 -> 19 CEST with the DST kicking into
effect, that gives me just enough time to put the children in bed before the
meeting starts.

Regards,

Hans

Old 04-01-2008, 07:54 AM
Ralf Corsepius

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 09:41 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 10:52 -0400, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> >> Just a reminder to FPC members: We will meet tomorrow, April 1, 2008 to
> >> try to work through more of the pending drafts.
> >>
> >> Sadly, this is not an April Fools joke.
> > At what time of day?
> >
> > Europe has changed to DST last weekend.
> >
> > => 17:00 UTC (19:00 CEST) would hardly possible for me to join.
> >

> Hmm, I rather like the move from 18 -> 19 CEST with the DST kicking into
> effect, that gives me just enough time to put the children in bed before the
> meeting starts.

19:00-21:00 local-time is my family's dinner-time. It will cause me to
quit the meeting very early or even prevent me to join at all.

This had been an issue ever since FPC exists, and had FPC to decide to
switch its meeting time when DST switches.

Unfortunately, there is a window of very few weeks (IIRC, 1 or 2)
between the dates the US and Europe switches - ATM, we are midst of one
of these window.

Ralf

Old 04-01-2008, 09:29 AM
Hans de Goede

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

Just a reminder to FPC members: We will meet tomorrow, April 1, 2008 to
try to work through more of the pending drafts.

Sadly, this is not an April Fools joke.

At what time of day?

Europe has changed to DST last weekend.

=> 17:00 UTC (19:00 CEST) would hardly possible for me to join.

Hmm, I rather like the move from 18 -> 19 CEST with the DST kicking into
effect, that gives me just enough time to put the children in bed before the
meeting starts.

19:00-21:00 local-time is my family's dinner-time. It will cause me to
quit the meeting very early or even prevent me to join at all.

This had been an issue ever since FPC exists, and had FPC to decide to
switch its meeting time when DST switches.

Well 18:00 has worked reasonably for me sofar, so I can live with 16:00 UTC /
18:00 CEST too.

Regards,

Hans