Old 01-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Robert Scheck

Default Override with -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=0 as workaround allowed?

Hello Tom,

On Mon, 09 Jan 2012, Tom Lane wrote:
> I think the reason this hasn't been complained of too much is that
> it's generally better to use poll(2) instead of select(2) if your
> program can have a lot of file descriptors open. Have the Zarafa
> developers considered offering a poll()-based option?

I have taken that topic already to Zarafa, more than void was not yet
returned, however there is an internal developer meeting this week, I
think.

Even if they decide to rewrite the code, it's not done immediately and
non-paid code rewrites maybe also take some time, it's similar like at
RHEL vs. subscription, if I'm allowed to compare.

Would -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=0 be acceptable until the code is rewritten?

Greetings,
Robert