-   -   Emacs packaging guideline change of 22nd March 2011 - discussion? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-packaging/607303-emacs-packaging-guideline-change-22nd-march-2011-discussion.html)

Toshio Kuratomi 12-07-2011 12:03 AM

On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 11:56:12PM +0000, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see that the packaging guidelines for Emacs add-ons were changed on
> 22nd March 2011 this year, but I completely missed any discussion of
> this change:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Packaging%3AEmacs&action=historysu bmit&diff=228309&oldid=225918
>
> The guideline as it now stands presents a few problems, but before I
> go about proposing a fix-up I'd like to find the discussion that led
> to this change - any pointers?

Here's the ticket:
https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/68

Meeting logs for that time period should give more details. Google tells
me this is the relevant log:

http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/teams/fpc/fpc.2011-03-09-16.01.log.txt

-Toshio

Jonathan Underwood 12-07-2011 02:20 PM

2011/12/7 Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@gmail.com>:
> Here's the ticket:
> https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/68
>
> Meeting logs for that time period should give more details. *Google tells
> me this is the relevant log:
>
> http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/teams/fpc/fpc.2011-03-09-16.01.log.txt

Well, that's quite embarrassing! I had totally forgotten drafting the
change and submitting it to FPC. That explains why it's so badly
written then :) I'll draft something a bit clearer and easier to use
in the next couple of days.

J.