Old 10-19-2011, 12:18 PM
Brad Bell

Default Problems using mock on Fedora 15

I rebooted the machine and still have the same problem

[bradbell@brad-home ~]$ groups
mock
[bradbell@brad-home ~]$ mock --version
ERROR: Must be member of 'mock' group to run mock! ([])
... snip ...

Old 10-19-2011, 12:29 PM
Daniel Piddock

On 19/10/11 13:18, Brad Bell wrote:
> I rebooted the machine and still have the same problem
>
> [bradbell@brad-home ~]$ groups
> mock
> [bradbell@brad-home ~]$ mock --version
> ERROR: Must be member of 'mock' group to run mock! ([])
> ... snip ...

I'm guessing bradbell has mock assigned as their default group as groups
is only returning the one result?

"bradbell" must be a member of "mock" in /etc/group for mock to work.
Try running "getent group mock" instead. You want it to return something
like "mock:x:448:bradbell"

HTH

Dan

Old 10-20-2011, 03:23 PM
Brad Bell

On 01/-10/-28163 11:59 AM, Daniel Piddock wrote:
> On 19/10/11 13:18, Brad Bell wrote:
>> I rebooted the machine and still have the same problem
>>
>> [bradbell@brad-home ~]$ groups
>> mock
>> [bradbell@brad-home ~]$ mock --version
>> ERROR: Must be member of 'mock' group to run mock! ([])
>> ... snip ...
> I'm guessing bradbell has mock assigned as their default group as groups
> is only returning the one result?
>
> "bradbell" must be a member of "mock" in /etc/group for mock to work.
> Try running "getent group mock" instead. You want it to return something
> like "mock:x:448:bradbell"
>
> HTH
>
> Dan

Yes, the only group bradbell belonged to was mock.

I changed the groups so that now
[bradbell@brad-home diabetes]$ groups
bradbell mock
and
[bradbell@brad-home diabetes]$ getent group mock
mock:x:491:bradbell
I was able to build the a package in mock with these group settings.

Thanks