Old 10-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Juan Orti Alcaine

Default Package naming question

Hello, I'm currently packaging the program arm (anonymizing relay
monitor [1]), a program to monitor Tor routers, and I have doubts about
possible conflicts in the name.

Apart of the architecture name, I have found in the package database
programs like:
arm4 -- Application Response Measurement V4.0
arm-gp2x-linux-gcc -- Cross Compiling GNU GCC targeted at arm-gp2x-linux

In Debian it is named tor-arm.

What do you suggest? I think the Debian name will cause less problems.

Thank you.

[1] http://www.atagar.com/arm/

Old 10-11-2011, 01:06 PM
"Jon Ciesla"

> Hello, I'm currently packaging the program arm (anonymizing relay
> monitor [1]), a program to monitor Tor routers, and I have doubts about
> possible conflicts in the name.
>
> Apart of the architecture name, I have found in the package database
> programs like:
> arm4 -- Application Response Measurement V4.0
> arm-gp2x-linux-gcc -- Cross Compiling GNU GCC targeted at arm-gp2x-linux
>
> In Debian it is named tor-arm.

That seems rational to me.

-J

> What do you suggest? I think the Debian name will cause less problems.
>
> Thank you.
>
> [1] http://www.atagar.com/arm/

in your fear, seek only peace
in your fear, seek only love

-d. bowie

Old 10-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Tom Callaway

On 10/11/2011 09:06 AM, Jon Ciesla wrote:
>> In Debian it is named tor-arm.
> That seems rational to me.

I concur.

~tom