Old 10-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Tom Lane

Default Creation of directories via tmpfiles.d directly after package installation

Jochen Schmitt <Jochen@herr-schmitt.de> writes:
> I have implement the creation of the /var/run/news directory in the
> inn package via tmpfiles.d.

> But It's seems, that the directory will not created directly after the
> package was installed. so I have add the line
> systemd-tmpfiles --create %{_sysconfdir}/tmpfiles/inn.conf
> on the %post stanza.

That's not the way to do it. You should create the directory via the
normal RPM methods for including a directory --- that is, make the
directory in the install root and include it in the %files list.

What tmpfiles.d is for is to cause such directories to be recreated
after a system reboot.

Yes, it's an ugly kluge. I don't know why tmpfiles.d needs its own
configuration instead of just looking at the RPM metadata. But hey,
making extra work for packagers is standard practice ...

regards, tom lane