Old 09-19-2011, 10:32 AM
Kalpa Welivitigoda

Default how to refer to files in the tarball

Hi,

I have a source tar of a package that I wish to package for fedora. To
install that there is a bash script should be done and that bash file
is inside the tar. How can I refer to that bash file (in the spec
file) in that tar to run it?

if the tar name is abc.tar.gz. the install.sh file in just inside abc.tar.gz.

Any help?

--
Best Regards,

Kalpa Pathum Welivitigoda
http://about.me/callkalpa

Old 09-19-2011, 12:24 PM
"Jon Ciesla"

> Hi,
>
> I have a source tar of a package that I wish to package for fedora. To
> install that there is a bash script should be done and that bash file
> is inside the tar. How can I refer to that bash file (in the spec
> file) in that tar to run it?
>
> if the tar name is abc.tar.gz. the install.sh file in just inside
> abc.tar.gz.

Well, after the line in the spec:

%setup -q

The pwd is inside the extracted tarball. So you probably want:

%setup -q
./install.sh

Or somesuch.

-J

> Any help?
>
> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Kalpa Pathum Welivitigoda
> http://about.me/callkalpa

in your fear, seek only peace
in your fear, seek only love

-d. bowie

Old 09-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Kalpa Welivitigoda

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 5:54 PM, Jon Ciesla <limb@jcomserv.net> wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a source tar of a package that I wish to package for fedora. To
>> install that there is a bash script should be done and that bash file
>> is inside the tar. How can I refer to that bash file (in the spec
>> file) in that tar to run it?
>>
>> if the tar name is abc.tar.gz. the install.sh file in just inside
>> abc.tar.gz.
>
> Well, after the line in the spec:
>
> %setup -q
>
> The pwd is inside the extracted tarball. *So you probably want:
>
> %setup -q
> ./install.sh
>
> Or somesuch.

Thanks

> -J
>
>> Any help?
>>
>> --
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Kalpa Pathum Welivitigoda
>> http://about.me/callkalpa
>> --

> in your fear, seek only peace
> in your fear, seek only love
>
> -d. bowie

Best Regards,

Kalpa Pathum Welivitigoda
http://about.me/callkalpa

Old 09-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 07:24:54 -0500, JC (Jon) wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a source tar of a package that I wish to package for fedora. To
> > install that there is a bash script should be done and that bash file
> > is inside the tar. How can I refer to that bash file (in the spec
> > file) in that tar to run it?
> >
> > if the tar name is abc.tar.gz. the install.sh file in just inside
> > abc.tar.gz.
>
> Well, after the line in the spec:
>
> %setup -q
>
> The pwd is inside the extracted tarball. So you probably want:
>
> %setup -q
> ./install.sh
>
> Or somesuch.

In the %install section, of course, not in the %prep section.

--
Fedora release 16 (Verne) - Linux 3.1.0-0.rc6.git0.3.fc16.x86_64
loadavg: 0.00 0.07 0.12

Old 09-19-2011, 01:50 PM
"Jon Ciesla"

> On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 07:24:54 -0500, JC (Jon) wrote:
>

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have a source tar of a package that I wish to package for fedora. To
>> > install that there is a bash script should be done and that bash file
>> > is inside the tar. How can I refer to that bash file (in the spec
>> > file) in that tar to run it?
>> >
>> > if the tar name is abc.tar.gz. the install.sh file in just inside
>> > abc.tar.gz.
>>
>> Well, after the line in the spec:
>>
>> %setup -q
>>
>> The pwd is inside the extracted tarball. So you probably want:
>>
>> %setup -q
>> ./install.sh
>>
>> Or somesuch.
>
> In the %install section, of course, not in the %prep section.

Of course.

> --
> Fedora release 16 (Verne) - Linux 3.1.0-0.rc6.git0.3.fc16.x86_64
> loadavg: 0.00 0.07 0.12

in your fear, seek only peace
in your fear, seek only love

-d. bowie