Old 09-16-2011, 05:54 PM
Farkas Levente

Default noarch vs missing deps

hi,
the same problem happened against which i try to discuss earlier.
gstreamer-java is pure java package so it'd have to package as a noarch
package. which is true and can be working. but it has a subpackage
gstreamer-java-swt which is depend on eclipse-swt but still arch
independent. but when i try to build it in fedora's mock it goes most of
the time (as the noarch packages used to) to the ppc build server which
are try to satisfy it's buildreq. but it's depend on libswt3-gtk2 (which
is provided by eclipse-swt). but as eclipse can't be build on ppc (at
least i assume so) the ppc build server can't build it. even if the
resulting jar can be used/run even on windows!?
the worst part that i can't write ExcludeArch into a noarch rpm since
rpm do not allow it.
what is the solution? do i really have to make it none noarch?
or try richard's solution ie. try a few build and if it's choose x86
build server then i lucky!:-(
regards.

--
Levente "Si vis pacem para bellum!"

Old 09-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Alexander Kurtakov

On 21:17:50 Friday 16 September 2011 Farkas Levente wrote:
> hi,
> the same problem happened against which i try to discuss earlier.
> gstreamer-java is pure java package so it'd have to package as a noarch
> package. which is true and can be working. but it has a subpackage
> gstreamer-java-swt which is depend on eclipse-swt but still arch
> independent. but when i try to build it in fedora's mock it goes most of
> the time (as the noarch packages used to) to the ppc build server which
> are try to satisfy it's buildreq. but it's depend on libswt3-gtk2 (which
> is provided by eclipse-swt). but as eclipse can't be build on ppc (at
> least i assume so) the ppc build server can't build it. even if the
> resulting jar can be used/run even on windows!?
> the worst part that i can't write ExcludeArch into a noarch rpm since
> rpm do not allow it.
> what is the solution? do i really have to make it none noarch?
> or try richard's solution ie. try a few build and if it's choose x86
> build server then i lucky!:-(

This was discussed a number of times and last times there was idea about
adding dist-$version-noppc (you get the idea) target to koji to allow
requesting noppc builders for exactly this problem.
But until(if) this is done I see no other way than submiting builds until they
hit noppc builders. At least I do that often.

Regards,
Alexander Kurtakov