FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Packaging

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Ankur Sinha
 
Default rpmlint error: htaccessfile

Hello,

rpmlint spews out "htaccess-file" while reviewing one of my srpms,
openemr[1] . I'm not much of a web dev, could someone tell me how I
should go about correcting this error please?
--
Thanks,
Regards,
Ankur: "FranciscoD"

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha
http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/


--
packaging mailing list
packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/packaging
 
Old 08-15-2011, 11:50 AM
Rex Dieter
 
Default rpmlint error: htaccessfile

On 08/15/2011 06:22 AM, Ankur Sinha wrote:

> rpmlint spews out "htaccess-file" while reviewing one of my srpms,
> openemr[1] . I'm not much of a web dev, could someone tell me how I
> should go about correcting this error please?

Providing the precise error you experience as well as a reference to the
srpm in question would help

-- rex
--
packaging mailing list
packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/packaging
 
Old 08-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Ankur Sinha
 
Default rpmlint error: htaccessfile

On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 06:50 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Providing the precise error you experience as well as a reference to
> the
> srpm in question would help
>
>

hello,

http://ankursinha.fedorapeople.org/openemr/openemr.spec

http://ankursinha.fedorapeople.org/openemr/openemr-4.0.0-1.fc15.src.rpm

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=730691

Error related to two files only:

> openemr.noarch: E: htaccess-file /usr/share/openemr/phpmyadmin/libraries/.htaccess
> openemr.noarch: E: htaccess-file /usr/share/openemr/sites/default/documents/.htaccess
>


--
Thanks,
Regards,
Ankur: "FranciscoD"

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha
http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/


--
packaging mailing list
packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/packaging
 
Old 08-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Rex Dieter
 
Default rpmlint error: htaccessfile

On 08/15/2011 06:59 AM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 06:50 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
>> Providing the precise error you experience as well as a reference to
>> the
>> srpm in question would help

> http://ankursinha.fedorapeople.org/openemr/openemr.spec
> http://ankursinha.fedorapeople.org/openemr/openemr-4.0.0-1.fc15.src.rpm
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=730691
>
> Error related to two files only:
>
>> openemr.noarch: E: htaccess-file /usr/share/openemr/phpmyadmin/libraries/.htaccess
>> openemr.noarch: E: htaccess-file /usr/share/openemr/sites/default/documents/.htaccess

OK, rpmlint is sparse on the rationale for marking this an error, so
perhaps we can attack this from the other angle... why does this package
need to ship with these included?

If that answer can sufficiently justify the need (vs, say shipping
apache .conf snippets instead), then that may be good enough to ignore
rpmlint in this case.

-- rex
--
packaging mailing list
packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/packaging
 
Old 08-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Michael Schwendt
 
Default rpmlint error: htaccessfile

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 07:07:00 -0500, RD (Rex) wrote:

> > Error related to two files only:
> >
> >> openemr.noarch: E: htaccess-file /usr/share/openemr/phpmyadmin/libraries/.htaccess
> >> openemr.noarch: E: htaccess-file /usr/share/openemr/sites/default/documents/.htaccess
>
> OK, rpmlint is sparse on the rationale for marking this an error,

rpmlint -i ... isn't:

| You have individual apache configuration .htaccess file(s) in your package.
| Replace them by a central configuration file in /etc/, according to the web
| application packaging policy for your distribution

> so
> perhaps we can attack this from the other angle... why does this package
> need to ship with these included?
>
> If that answer can sufficiently justify the need (vs, say shipping
> apache .conf snippets instead), then that may be good enough to ignore
> rpmlint in this case.
--
packaging mailing list
packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/packaging
 
Old 08-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Toshio Kuratomi
 
Default rpmlint error: htaccessfile

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 07:07:00AM -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> On 08/15/2011 06:59 AM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> > On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 06:50 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> >> Providing the precise error you experience as well as a reference to
> >> the
> >> srpm in question would help
>
> > http://ankursinha.fedorapeople.org/openemr/openemr.spec
> > http://ankursinha.fedorapeople.org/openemr/openemr-4.0.0-1.fc15.src.rpm
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=730691
> >
> > Error related to two files only:
> >
> >> openemr.noarch: E: htaccess-file /usr/share/openemr/phpmyadmin/libraries/.htaccess
> >> openemr.noarch: E: htaccess-file /usr/share/openemr/sites/default/documents/.htaccess
>
> OK, rpmlint is sparse on the rationale for marking this an error, so
> perhaps we can attack this from the other angle... why does this package
> need to ship with these included?
>
> If that answer can sufficiently justify the need (vs, say shipping
> apache .conf snippets instead), then that may be good enough to ignore
> rpmlint in this case.
>
In general, hidden files aren't desirable, so put another way, rpmlint is
asking you to consider writing this into an apache conf file instead of
using .htaccess files.

-Toshio
--
packaging mailing list
packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/packaging
 
Old 08-15-2011, 06:22 PM
Ankur Sinha
 
Default rpmlint error: htaccessfile

On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 06:46 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> In general, hidden files aren't desirable, so put another way, rpmlint
> is
> asking you to consider writing this into an apache conf file instead
> of
> using .htaccess files.
>
>
Hi Tushio, Michael,

I did read the rpmlint -i output. I haven't packaged or used a lot of
web apps before. Would you people have some links to get me started on
these config files please?

--
Thanks,
Regards,
Ankur: "FranciscoD"

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha
http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/


--
packaging mailing list
packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/packaging
 
Old 08-16-2011, 05:53 AM
Remi Collet
 
Default rpmlint error: htaccessfile

Le 15/08/2011 13:59, Ankur Sinha a écrit :
>> openemr.noarch: E: htaccess-file /usr/share/openemr/phpmyadmin/libraries/.htaccess
>> openemr.noarch: E: htaccess-file /usr/share/openemr/sites/default/documents/.htaccess

Look at other web app packaging. p.e. phpMyAdmin, or glpi provide a
httpd configuration file with such protections.

But, in this case :

phpMyAdmin seems a bundled version of the old 2.11.9.5 version.

You should probably remove it (and all bundled libraries : adldap,
adodb, Smarty, phpMailer, ...)

documents seems to be an uploaded dir, which should be removed of the
/usr/share/openemr tree (/var/lib/openemr seems the right location).


Remi.
--
packaging mailing list
packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/packaging
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:19 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org