Old 06-21-2011, 10:07 AM
Tvrtko Ursulin

Default Kernel module spec file example

Hi all,

I am trying to find a working example of a spec file for packaging/building the
most straightforward type of a kernel module for F15.

Things I can find online seems either out of date, not working (possibly
because being out of date), or depending on rpmfusion repositories. I also
don't quite understand the kmodtool situation but that is not important at the
moment.

My main question is how to do it under plain F15?

Many thanks,

Tvrtko

Old 06-21-2011, 12:31 PM
"Jon Ciesla"

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to find a working example of a spec file for
> packaging/building the
> most straightforward type of a kernel module for F15.
>
> Things I can find online seems either out of date, not working (possibly
> because being out of date), or depending on rpmfusion repositories. I also
> don't quite understand the kmodtool situation but that is not important at
> the
> moment.
>
> My main question is how to do it under plain F15?

Well, if packaging for your own use, use rpmfusion's RPMS as a model. If
not, submit to rpmfusion, Fedora doesn't distribute kernel modules as
RPMs.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#No_External_Kernel_Modules

-J

> Many thanks,