Old 02-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Orion Poplawski

Default Ada packages

The latest release of plplot includes Ada bindings. The Ada development
files are installed in:

/usr/lib/ada/adalib/plplotadad/ (*.ali)

and

/usr/share/ada/adainclude/plplotadad/ (*.ads and *.adb)

The PLplot project are following the recommendations made here:

http://www.ada-france.org/debian/debian-ada-policy.html

Now, there are currently no packages in Fedora that provide
/usr/lib/ada/adalib and /usr/share/ada/adainclude. gcc-gnat does
provide /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/adainclude, but this is
clearly for internal use.

So, what package should provide these two directories? filesystem?

--
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager 303-415-9701 x222

Old 02-12-2008, 01:49 PM
"Tom "spot" Callaway"

On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 13:45 -0700, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> The latest release of plplot includes Ada bindings. The Ada development
> files are installed in:
>
> /usr/lib/ada/adalib/plplotadad/ (*.ali)
>
> and
>
> /usr/share/ada/adainclude/plplotadad/ (*.ads and *.adb)
>
> The PLplot project are following the recommendations made here:
>
> http://www.ada-france.org/debian/debian-ada-policy.html

Keep in mind that a lot of the debian packaging policies aren't terribly
useful to us because Debian has no concept of multilib. So, where debian
just dumps anything arch specific in /usr/lib, we want to use
%{_libdir}.

~spot

Old 02-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Orion Poplawski

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:

The latest release of plplot includes Ada bindings. The Ada development
files are installed in:

/usr/lib/ada/adalib/plplotadad/ (*.ali)

and

/usr/share/ada/adainclude/plplotadad/ (*.ads and *.adb)

The PLplot project are following the recommendations made here:

http://www.ada-france.org/debian/debian-ada-policy.html

Keep in mind that a lot of the debian packaging policies aren't terribly
useful to us because Debian has no concept of multilib. So, where debian
just dumps anything arch specific in /usr/lib, we want to use
%{_libdir}.

Sorry, that should have read %{_libdir}. The plplot package already
does that.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:36 PM
"Tom "spot" Callaway"

On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 13:45 -0700, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> So, what package should provide these two directories? filesystem?

Is there anything that all ada packages will depend on for runtime
functionality? If not, then filesystem seems like the only other way.

~spot

Old 02-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Bill Nottingham

Tom spot Callaway (tcallawa@redhat.com) said:
> > So, what package should provide these two directories? filesystem?
>
> Is there anything that all ada packages will depend on for runtime
> functionality?

libgnat, presumably.

Bill

Old 02-12-2008, 07:38 PM
Orion Poplawski

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Tom spot Callaway (tcallawa@redhat.com) said:

So, what package should provide these two directories? filesystem?

Is there anything that all ada packages will depend on for runtime
functionality?

libgnat, presumably.

Well, these directories are only required for Ada development, not
runtime. For Ada development you're going to need gcc-gnat (and libgnat).