Old 05-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Rex Dieter

Default file /etc/sudoers from install of sudo-config-20110520-1.noarch conflicts with file from package sudo-1.7.2p1

Calum wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am rolling my own RPM to provide the correct sudoers config for the
> company where I'm working.
>
> I want it to archive the existing /etc/sudoers, and put down the company's
> one.
>
> However, when I install it, I get:file /etc/sudoers from install of
> sudo-config-20110520-1.noarch conflicts with file from package
> sudo-1.7.2p1
> Is there a way to create the RPM in such a way that --replacefiles is
> "built-in" to the RPM?
> Is there any other way of doing this - so that rpm -V works?

Deploying config files via rpm is... problematic and usually means "you are
doing it wrong(tm)". As suggested by others, there are other better
alternatives like puppet or other config-management tools.

-- Rex