Old 05-15-2011, 12:55 PM
John Dennis

Default How to add additional files in rpm

On 05/15/2011 07:50 AM, Sunil_Gupta2@Dell.com wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I am trying to add some programs in rpm which are not the part of source
> package. I copied them in BUILD directory and mentioned them in
>
> %install and %files section but rpmbuild –bb specfile always say
>
> Install: cannot stat `iotestlist.sh`: No such file or directory
>
> Am I missing something?

Yes

SourceN: filename

Where N is one or more digits, e.g. Source1:, Source2: etc.

--
John Dennis <jdennis@redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/

Old 05-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Steve Traylen

2011/5/15 <Sunil_Gupta2@dell.com>:
> Hello list,>
> I am trying to add some programs in rpm which are not the part of source
> package. I copied them in BUILD directory and mentioned them in
>
> %install and %files section but rpmbuild –bb specfile *always say
>
> Install: cannot stat `iotestlist.sh`: No such file or directory
>
> Am I missing something?

You have them now in the BUILD directory but not the BUILDROOT directory.
It is in this directory the files are prepared for grabbing by the
%files section.

A typical solution might be:

Source0: yourtar.tar.gz
# This extra file....
Source1: iotestlist.sh

%prep
%setup
cp -p %{SOURCE1} iotestlist.sh

%install
install -p -m 755 iotestlist %{buildroot}%{_bindir}/iotestlist.sh

%files
%{_bindir}/iotestlist.sh

Steve.
--
Steve Traylen

Old 05-15-2011, 01:33 PM

I did that as well I added the package as Source1: ltp_interface.tar.bz2 and put the tar ball under rpmbuild/SOURCES and added the directory in %files but no go it still says

"install: cannot stat ltp_interface : ....

I tried putting the individual file in rpmbuild/BUILD directory and use install -m 00755 to install individual file...same result.

--Sunil

Old 05-15-2011, 02:06 PM
Arun SAG

Hi,

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 7:03 PM, <Sunil_Gupta2@dell.com> wrote:
*

>I tried putting the individual file in rpmbuild/BUILD directory and use install -m 00755 to install individual file...same >result.

You should be copying that in rpmbuild/BUILDROOT directory not in rpmbuild/BUILD. Also make sure that you are setting the permission of the file correctly.
--
Arun S.A.G

http://zer0c00l.in/

Old 05-15-2011, 02:43 PM

I placed the files in directory and moved the directory under rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/
*
Used install *–m 0755 $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/dirname $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/package/dir/
*
Same result “cannot stat “
*
As of now my files are present in BUILD, SOURCES (in tar,bz2 form) , BUILDROOT but rpmbuild is not able to stat it the permissions are 0755. I think something is wrong fundamentally here…any thoughts?
*
I guess I have to use macro and copy somehow to get the work done.
*
--Sunil

*

Old 05-15-2011, 06:14 PM
Arun SAG

2011/5/15 <Sunil_Gupta2@dell.com>

*
>I guess I have to use macro and copy somehow to get the work done.

*

Is it possible for you to post the spec file here? Please use fpaste.org

--
Arun S.A.G
http://zer0c00l.in/