Old 05-10-2011, 12:11 PM
David Timms

Default .gitignore - what is supposed to be in it ?

Hi, I noticed my .gitignore has:
rakarrack-0.5.8_Equinox.tar.bz2
/rakarrack-0.6.1.tar.bz2
/rakarrack-47245c3.tar.gz

The tar I expected to find 4724 is there, but so are the last few
versions. How does this work / is something going wrong ?

Old 05-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Rex Dieter

On 05/10/2011 07:11 AM, David Timms wrote:
> Hi, I noticed my .gitignore has:
> rakarrack-0.5.8_Equinox.tar.bz2
> /rakarrack-0.6.1.tar.bz2
> /rakarrack-47245c3.tar.gz
>
> The tar I expected to find 4724 is there, but so are the last few
> versions. How does this work / is something going wrong ?

It probably should include the tarballs used in all active branches, but
depends on your personal preference and workflow.

-- Rex

Old 05-10-2011, 02:04 PM
Todd Zullinger

David Timms wrote:
> Hi, I noticed my .gitignore has:
> rakarrack-0.5.8_Equinox.tar.bz2
> /rakarrack-0.6.1.tar.bz2
> /rakarrack-47245c3.tar.gz
>
> The tar I expected to find 4724 is there, but so are the last few
> versions. How does this work / is something going wrong ?

By default, fedpkg new-sources adds an entry for each tarball you
upload. I find it simpler to just add *.tar.bz2 to my packages. With
this, fedpkg notices that you have a pattern in the ignore file which
matches what it would have added and skips doing so. An example from
one of my packages:

*~
*.rpm
*.tar.bz2
/.build*.log
/git-*/

For reference, the / anchors the match at the same directory level as
the .gitignore file.