FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Packaging

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Timothy Selivanow
 
Default python-svn build failed on koji

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=403391
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=428718

It looks like it is complaining about not being able to find the
gssapi_krb5 library (libgssapi_krb5.so), which is part of krb5-devel.
When I build it (manually) on my host after I remove krb5-devel (which
also removes neon-devel and openssl-devel) it complains about needing
neon-devel, which I then install neon-devel. neon-devel requires
krb5-devel and openssl-devel (which *is* needed by python-svn to build),
and it automatically installed when I `yum install neon-devel`. Does
this not occur with koji? Do I need to specify *all* deps even though
some of them are dep'd by other build deps?


Also, I've been following
<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join>, how exactly do
I acquire a sponsor? Do I need to have this package build-able before I
get a sponsor? Do I need a Fedora Account before/after a sponsor or the
package is build-able?



--Tim
__________________________________________________ _____________________________
/ Arithmetic is being able to count up to twenty without taking off your shoes.
-- Mickey Mouse /
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


/
( )
.( o ).

--
Fedora-packaging mailing list
Fedora-packaging@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-packaging
 
Old 02-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams
 
Default python-svn build failed on koji

On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 09:22 -0800, Timothy Selivanow wrote:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=403391
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=428718
>
> It looks like it is complaining about not being able to find the
> gssapi_krb5 library (libgssapi_krb5.so), which is part of krb5-devel.
> When I build it (manually) on my host after I remove krb5-devel (which
> also removes neon-devel and openssl-devel) it complains about needing
> neon-devel, which I then install neon-devel. neon-devel requires
> krb5-devel and openssl-devel (which *is* needed by python-svn to build),
> and it automatically installed when I `yum install neon-devel`. Does
> this not occur with koji? Do I need to specify *all* deps even though
> some of them are dep'd by other build deps?

From the neon-devel-0.27.2-4 changelog:

* Tue Dec 04 2007 Joe Orton <jorton@redhat.com> 0.27.2-3
- rebuild against GnuTLS
- drop static library

Looks to me like it no longer requires openssl-devel.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazqueznet@gmail.com>

PLEASE don't CC me; I'm already subscribed
--
Fedora-packaging mailing list
Fedora-packaging@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-packaging
 
Old 02-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Timothy Selivanow
 
Default python-svn build failed on koji

On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 12:48 -0500, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 09:22 -0800, Timothy Selivanow wrote:
> > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=403391
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=428718
> >
> > It looks like it is complaining about not being able to find the
> > gssapi_krb5 library (libgssapi_krb5.so), which is part of krb5-devel.
> > When I build it (manually) on my host after I remove krb5-devel (which
> > also removes neon-devel and openssl-devel) it complains about needing
> > neon-devel, which I then install neon-devel. neon-devel requires
> > krb5-devel and openssl-devel (which *is* needed by python-svn to build),
> > and it automatically installed when I `yum install neon-devel`. Does
> > this not occur with koji? Do I need to specify *all* deps even though
> > some of them are dep'd by other build deps?
>
> From the neon-devel-0.27.2-4 changelog:
>
> * Tue Dec 04 2007 Joe Orton <jorton@redhat.com> 0.27.2-3
> - rebuild against GnuTLS
> - drop static library
>
> Looks to me like it no longer requires openssl-devel.
>
> --
> Fedora-packaging mailing list
> Fedora-packaging@redhat.com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-packaging

Thanks! After seeing a comment by Mamoru Tasaka in BZ, I pretty much
inferred that neon in rawhide must not dep openssl anymore, but I hadn't
looked at the changelog. I'm updating the package now...


--Tim
___________________________________________
/ Even God lends a hand to honest boldness.
-- Menander /
-------------------------------------------


/
( )
.( o ).

--
Fedora-packaging mailing list
Fedora-packaging@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-packaging
 
Old 02-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Timothy Selivanow
 
Default python-svn build failed on koji

On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 10:12 -0800, Timothy Selivanow wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 12:48 -0500, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> > On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 09:22 -0800, Timothy Selivanow wrote:
> > > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=403391
> > > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=428718
> > >
> > > It looks like it is complaining about not being able to find the
> > > gssapi_krb5 library (libgssapi_krb5.so), which is part of krb5-devel.
> > > When I build it (manually) on my host after I remove krb5-devel (which
> > > also removes neon-devel and openssl-devel) it complains about needing
> > > neon-devel, which I then install neon-devel. neon-devel requires
> > > krb5-devel and openssl-devel (which *is* needed by python-svn to build),
> > > and it automatically installed when I `yum install neon-devel`. Does
> > > this not occur with koji? Do I need to specify *all* deps even though
> > > some of them are dep'd by other build deps?
> >
> > From the neon-devel-0.27.2-4 changelog:
> >
> > * Tue Dec 04 2007 Joe Orton <jorton@redhat.com> 0.27.2-3
> > - rebuild against GnuTLS
> > - drop static library
> >
> > Looks to me like it no longer requires openssl-devel.
>
> Thanks! After seeing a comment by Mamoru Tasaka in BZ, I pretty much
> inferred that neon in rawhide must not dep openssl anymore, but I hadn't
> looked at the changelog. I'm updating the package now...


What is the policy for bumping release numbers when making pre-release
(I'm assuming it could be different) spec changes? I'm defaulting to
"yes, I need to bump the rel. ver. every time I make a spec change"; is
that correct? I couldn't find the answer in (perhaps, I just missed
it...):

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/NamingGuidelines


--Tim
____________________________________
/ But it does move!
-- Galileo Galilei /
------------------------------------


/
( )
.( o ).

--
Fedora-packaging mailing list
Fedora-packaging@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-packaging
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:02 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org