Old 03-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Erik Blankinship

Default localizing spec summary ?

Where can I find documentation on how to localize the strings in my
spec file, specifically Summary: ?

from http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/CreatingPackageHowTo
English, and do not end in a period.

Thanks!
Erik

Old 03-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Mario Blättermann

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }Hi Erik,

Am Donnerstag, den 10.03.2011, 14:58 -0500 schrieb Erik Blankinship:
> Where can I find documentation on how to localize the strings in my
> spec file, specifically Summary: ?
>
> from http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/CreatingPackageHowTo
> English, and do not end in a period.

This is less documented. However, there's a short hint in the Mandriva wiki:

http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Policies/Charset#Why.3F

I've used it in my packages:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19373040/Fedora/SPECS/cputnik.spec

It works fine, gnome-packagekit shows the translated versions.

I hope we will have a translation routine for package summaries and descriptions in the future, as known from other distributions, such as Ubuntu or Mandriva. To setup a working installation on Koji is difficult, I'm sure. But the translations itself could be reused from the mentioned distributions.

Best Regards,
Mario

Old 03-12-2011, 08:25 AM
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski

Hi Erik,

On Thursday, 10 March 2011 at 20:58, Erik Blankinship wrote:
> Where can I find documentation on how to localize the strings in my
> spec file, specifically Summary: ?
>
> from http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/CreatingPackageHowTo
> English, and do not end in a period.

I don't have any links to documentation, but the syntax is:

Summary(lang_code):

and

%description -l lang_code

You can use lang_code.encoding, too, for example pl.UTF-8.
Some of the existing spec files use this syntax.

HTH

Regards,
Dominik

"Faith manages."