Old 03-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Mario Blättermann

Default Glabels package v3.0

Hi all,

the current glabels package v2.2.8 will probably shipped with F15. There
is a development version 2.3.1 (using the newest GNOME technologies such
as GSettings, GTK3, Mallard docs etc.), which will be likely replaced
with the final 3.0 next weeks. Currently glabels-2.3.1 is installable
parallel to glabels 2.2.x, the packages doesn't conflict with each
other. Does it make sense to provide a new package, or should the old
one be replaced?

FYI, I'm the co-maintainer of the glabels project. We will keep the
mentioned feature for a while, let's say until v3.0.1 will be released,
or even longer, if desired. In my mind, we should give users a chance to
test the new GUI and its behavior, before we deprecate glabels 2.2.8.

Any opinions?

Best Regards,
Mario

Old 03-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Bill Nottingham

Mario Blättermann (mariobl@freenet.de) said:
> the current glabels package v2.2.8 will probably shipped with F15. There
> is a development version 2.3.1 (using the newest GNOME technologies such
> as GSettings, GTK3, Mallard docs etc.), which will be likely replaced
> with the final 3.0 next weeks. Currently glabels-2.3.1 is installable
> parallel to glabels 2.2.x, the packages doesn't conflict with each
> other. Does it make sense to provide a new package, or should the old
> one be replaced?
>
> FYI, I'm the co-maintainer of the glabels project. We will keep the
> mentioned feature for a while, let's say until v3.0.1 will be released,
> or even longer, if desired. In my mind, we should give users a chance to
> test the new GUI and its behavior, before we deprecate glabels 2.2.8.
>
> Any opinions?

We normally don't ship multiple versions of end-user apps; only libraries
if necessary.

Bill