Old 02-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Michael Schwendt

Default Fixing broken dependencies

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 15:15:12 +0000, Paul wrote:

> >> One of my packages has got broken dependency for F15 (metagoofil).
> >> I have tried to fix it the same way as if I would be doing update, but this was probably not a right thing to do.
> >>

> > Why not?
> >
> > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/search/metagoofil
> >
> > The update there fixes the broken dep. You would need to push it to stable,
> > though, so the F-15 Branched Report would no longer report the broken dep
> > in the older package in F-15 Branched (i.e. development/15 + updates/15).
>
> Nothing's (except alpha blockers that is) getting pushed to F-15 stable
> until after the alpha freeze, which I believe has just been extended by
> a week, so we'll have to put up with the F-15 broken dependency nagmails
> until then.

Okay. Still, "metagoofil" is on the list of "fixed packages" here:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2011-February/097214.html

;-)

Old 02-24-2011, 04:32 PM
Michal Ambroz

Thank you both guys.
Michal Ambroz

< ------------ Původn* zpráva ------------
< Od: Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@gmail.com>
< Předmět: Re: [Fedora-packaging] Fixing broken dependencies
< Datum: 24.2.2011 16:41:29
< ----------------------------------------
< On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 15:15:12 +0000, Paul wrote:
<
< > >> One of my packages has got broken dependency for F15 (metagoofil).
< > >> I have tried to fix it the same way as if I would be doing update, but this
< was probably not a right thing to do.
< > >>
< > >
< > > Why not?
< > >
< > > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/search/metagoofil
< > >
< > > The update there fixes the broken dep. You would need to push it to stable,
< > > though, so the F-15 Branched Report would no longer report the broken dep
< > > in the older package in F-15 Branched (i.e. development/15 + updates/15).
< >
< > Nothing's (except alpha blockers that is) getting pushed to F-15 stable
< > until after the alpha freeze, which I believe has just been extended by
< > a week, so we'll have to put up with the F-15 broken dependency nagmails
< > until then.
<
< Okay. Still, "metagoofil" is on the list of "fixed packages" here:
< http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2011-February/097214.html
<
< ;-)
< --