Old 02-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Michal Ambroz

Default Fixing broken dependencies

Dear colleagues,
please could you point me to some guideline with the correct procedure to fix broken dependencies /
tag corrected source for some build?

One of my packages has got broken dependency for F15 (metagoofil).
I have tried to fix it the same way as if I would be doing update, but this was probably not a right thing to do.

I am not sure what should be done with the new fedpkg / git tools to tag the right source for the right build.

Thank you
Michal Ambroz

Old 02-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 15:59:46 +0100 (CET), Michal wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
> please could you point me to some guideline with the correct procedure to fix broken dependencies /
> tag corrected source for some build?
>
> One of my packages has got broken dependency for F15 (metagoofil).
> I have tried to fix it the same way as if I would be doing update, but this was probably not a right thing to do.

Why not?

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/search/metagoofil

The update there fixes the broken dep. You would need to push it to stable,
though, so the F-15 Branched Report would no longer report the broken dep
in the older package in F-15 Branched (i.e. development/15 + updates/15).

Old 02-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Paul Howarth

On 24/02/11 15:11, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 15:59:46 +0100 (CET), Michal wrote:
>
>> Dear colleagues,
>> please could you point me to some guideline with the correct procedure to fix broken dependencies /
>> tag corrected source for some build?
>>
>> One of my packages has got broken dependency for F15 (metagoofil).
>> I have tried to fix it the same way as if I would be doing update, but this was probably not a right thing to do.
>>

> Why not?
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/search/metagoofil
>
> The update there fixes the broken dep. You would need to push it to stable,
> though, so the F-15 Branched Report would no longer report the broken dep
> in the older package in F-15 Branched (i.e. development/15 + updates/15).

Nothing's (except alpha blockers that is) getting pushed to F-15 stable
until after the alpha freeze, which I believe has just been extended by
a week, so we'll have to put up with the F-15 broken dependency nagmails
until then.

Paul.