Old 02-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Orion Poplawski

Default New octave packaging guidelines/templates/macros

I have updated https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Octave
with a new proposal for packaging octave packages. This will need to
get underway soon as the monolithic octave-forge package is now
effectively dead and individual packages will need to go through package
review.

I have not yet added the macros to the octave package and would like
comments on those first before I add them.

I still need to do much more testing of the packages, hopefully next
week. One question I have is how the Obsoletes should be handled.
octave-forge currently provides the individual version names that the
octave packages should be named, but I'm not sure how we need to handle
removing the octave-forge package. Do the individual packages obsolete
octave-forge as the templates show?

Thanks!

- Orion