Old 02-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Rex Dieter

Default How can packages require a pre-release version?

On 02/10/2011 10:48 AM, Christopher Aillon wrote:
> On 02/10/2011 01:36 AM, Paul Howarth wrote:
>
>> Another possibility, since you're looking only for equality comparisons
>> and not greater or less than comparisons, might be to keep the rpm
>> versioning as-is and use a virtual provide for your own purposes, e.g.
>>
>> Provides: xulrunner(version) = 2.0beta11
>>
>> and in the dependent package(s):
>>
>> Requires: xulrunner(version) = 2.0beta11
>
> Except that some things will legitimately want to do comparisons, and
> that would lead to 2.0beta11> 2.0 which is wrong.

Fwiw, there isn't any > used here, just =

Otherwise, could try to leverage pkg-config here perhaps. I've
successfully used this approach before.

Use the output of:
pkg-config --modversion libxul
or
pkg-config --modversion libxul2
(or whatever)
for versioning (assuming this is granular enough for this purpose).

Otherwise, just invent something else artificial.

-- Rex