Old 02-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Sergio Belkin

Default About BuildRoot tag

Hi,

I've read in Packaging Guidelines that:

"Fedora (as of F-10) does not require the presence of the BuildRoot
tag in the spec and if one is defined it will be ignored. The provided
buildroot will automatically be cleaned before commands in %install
are called."

However if I run rpmdev-newspec myprog.spec it creates the tag:

BuildRoot: %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-root-%(%{__id_u} -n)

So what is the right approach about it?

Thanks in advance!

Sergio Belkin *http://www.sergiobelkin.com
Watch More TV http://sebelk.blogspot.com
LPIC-2 Certified

Old 02-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Sergio Belkin

2011/2/2 Sergio Belkin <sebelk@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I've read in Packaging Guidelines that:
>
> "Fedora (as of F-10) does not require the presence of the BuildRoot
> tag in the spec and if one is defined it will be ignored. The provided
> buildroot will automatically be cleaned before commands in %install
> are called."
>
> However if I run rpmdev-newspec myprog.spec it creates the tag:
>
> BuildRoot: * * *%{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-root-%(%{__id_u} -n)
>
> So what is the right approach about it?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Question clarification: I'm using F14 and I wonder if "as of F-10"
means *only* F10 or "F-10 thenceforth"

Thanks again