Old 01-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Volker Fröhlich

Default Packaging of .po files for Drupal

Dear list readers,

the PHP CMS Drupal can be extended with modules.

These modules usually ship with .po files. These files are the original source
of translation, when the module is activated. There are no .mo files. Drupal
parses the .po files and eventually puts the results into its database.

The .po files go to
%{_datadir}/drupal6/modules/name_of_the_module/translations.

Usually the .po files are called de.po, ja.po and so forth. In other cases,
there are also prefixes, such as includes.*.po, includes-views.*.po.

I suppose, these files should be labeled %lang, but %find_lang doesn't seem to
work. How should we treat that case?

Volker Fröhlich

Old 01-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 01:13:23PM +0100, Volker Fröhlich wrote:
> Dear list readers,
>
> the PHP CMS Drupal can be extended with modules.
>
> These modules usually ship with .po files. These files are the original source
> of translation, when the module is activated. There are no .mo files. Drupal
> parses the .po files and eventually puts the results into its database.
>
> The .po files go to
> %{_datadir}/drupal6/modules/name_of_the_module/translations.
>
> Usually the .po files are called de.po, ja.po and so forth. In other cases,
> there are also prefixes, such as includes.*.po, includes-views.*.po.
>
> I suppose, these files should be labeled %lang, but %find_lang doesn't seem to
> work. How should we treat that case?

I'm thinking this might be a case where you need to manually mark them.
spot, do you have an opinion? IIRC, you were the main proponent of using
%find_lang whenever possible way back when.

-Toshio

Old 01-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Tom Callaway

On 01/27/2011 11:31 AM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> I'm thinking this might be a case where you need to manually mark them.
> spot, do you have an opinion? IIRC, you were the main proponent of using
> %find_lang whenever possible way back when.

Yes, but this sounds like a clear case of "%find_lang doesn't work,
manually mark them."

~tom

==
Fedora Project