Old 11-20-2010, 07:27 AM
"giallu@gmail.com"

Default Javascript packaging guidelines

I found the draft page for packaging JS libraries here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JavaScript_libraries_packaging_guideline_draft

Even if it is not yet ratified, do I need to take them into account
for a package in review that needs and/or ships a JS library?

--
Gianluca Sforna

http://morefedora.blogspot.com
http://identi.ca/giallu - http://twitter.com/giallu

Old 11-20-2010, 06:11 PM
"Jason L Tibbitts III"

gc> Even if it is not yet ratified, do I need to take them into account
gc> for a package in review that needs and/or ships a JS library?

It is not ratified; it is not a guideline; it has no influence at all.
We can't even say if it's a collection of best practices; what's in
there might be a terrible idea.

- J<

Old 11-21-2010, 11:06 AM
"giallu@gmail.com"

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs@math.uh.edu> wrote:
> It is not ratified; it is not a guideline; it has no influence at all.
> We can't even say if it's a collection of best practices; what's in
> there might be a terrible idea.

Noted. Thank you

Old 11-21-2010, 03:55 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 01:06:45PM +0100, giallu@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs@math.uh.edu> wrote:
> > It is not ratified; it is not a guideline; it has no influence at all.
> > We can't even say if it's a collection of best practices; what's in
> > there might be a terrible idea.
>
> Noted. Thank you

Someone wanting to work on the packaging guidelines would be highly
appreciated though :-)

-Toshio