Old 10-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Viji V Nair

Default pvfs2

Hi,

I would like to have pvfs2 filesystem bundled with fedora, can I join the "Package Maintainers" group and follow the procedure. OR is there any issues in including the file systems like this, reiser4 etc

Thanks & Regards
Viji

Old 10-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Jon Ciesla

Viji V Nair wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to have pvfs2 filesystem bundled with fedora, can I join
> the "Package Maintainers" group and follow the procedure. OR is there
> any issues in including the file systems like this, reiser4 etc
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Viji

Well, one roadblock is that we don't ship kernel modules.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#No_External_Kernel_Modules

You might see about putting it in rpmfusion.

-J

--
in your fear, seek only peace
in your fear, seek only love