-   -   Filtering Provides/Requires (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-packaging/436541-filtering-provides-requires.html)

Orion Poplawski 10-06-2010 08:20 PM

Filtering Provides/Requires

Since this just came up and I'm working on an issue.

I need to filter from Provides/Requires everything in a file generated at the
end of the %install step. Is this possible with the tools listed in
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:AutoProvidesAndRequiresFiltering?
It's not obvious to me if it is. I can't use %filter_provides_in because I do
need to capture some but not all requires from those items.

--
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager 303-415-9701 x222

Orion Poplawski 10-06-2010 08:27 PM

On 10/06/2010 02:20 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> Since this just came up and I'm working on an issue.
>
> I need to filter from Provides/Requires everything in a file generated at the
> end of the %install step. Is this possible with the tools listed in
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:AutoProvidesAndRequiresFiltering?
> It's not obvious to me if it is. I can't use %filter_provides_in because I do
> need to capture some but not all requires from those items.

Also, I'm afraid that my package installs binaries in /usr/bin, so it looks
like I couldn't use the above filters anyways. What to do?

Jon Masters 10-06-2010 09:21 PM

On Wed, 2010-10-06 at 14:27 -0600, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> On 10/06/2010 02:20 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> > Since this just came up and I'm working on an issue.
> >
> > I need to filter from Provides/Requires everything in a file generated at the
> > end of the %install step. Is this possible with the tools listed in
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:AutoProvidesAndRequiresFiltering?
> > It's not obvious to me if it is. I can't use %filter_provides_in because I do
> > need to capture some but not all requires from those items.
> >

> Also, I'm afraid that my package installs binaries in /usr/bin, so it looks
> like I couldn't use the above filters anyways. What to do?

In the past, I've written custom find-requires/find-provides scripts.
That's one option if you want to do all the heavy lifting yourself, then
you can disable the internal dependency generator in RPM. That should be
a last resort though - why exactly do you need to do this? :)

Jon.