Old 09-29-2010, 09:54 AM
Gianluca Sforna

Default Packaging a postgresql cartridge

I am packaging a library (rdkit.org) providing C/C++ and python
interfaces. Additionally, there is some code to create a Postgresql
cartridge with the same name (rdkit)

It seems we lack any guideline about packaging these, which is not
that bad considering I could only find another cartridge in the repos,
postigis.
However, I'd like to hear your opinion about how to name the
subpackage; I guess candidates would be:

1- postgresql-rdkit
2- rdkit-postgresql
3- rdkit-pgsql

right now I'm leaning toward 1- given that I found many instances of
3-style packages providing optional pgsql support for "name" and 2- is
not very different from 3-

thanks in advance

Gianluca

--
Gianluca Sforna

http://morefedora.blogspot.com
http://identi.ca/giallu - http://twitter.com/giallu

Old 09-29-2010, 10:58 AM
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

On Wed, 2010-09-29 at 11:54 +0200, Gianluca Sforna wrote:
> It seems we lack any guideline about packaging these, which is not
> that bad considering I could only find another cartridge in the repos,
> postigis.
> However, I'd like to hear your opinion about how to name the
> subpackage; I guess candidates would be:
>
> 1- postgresql-rdkit
> 2- rdkit-postgresql
> 3- rdkit-pgsql
>
> right now I'm leaning toward 1- given that I found many instances of
> 3-style packages providing optional pgsql support for "name" and 2- is
> not very different from 3-

Please use (2). 1 is used for PostgreSQL's core packages or core related
packages. 2nd one is used for extensions, which is appropriate for what
you say.

Your Upstream Packager,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org

Old 10-04-2010, 07:03 AM
Gianluca Sforna

2010/9/29 Devrim GNDZ <fedora-list@gunduz.org>:
> On Wed, 2010-09-29 at 11:54 +0200, Gianluca Sforna wrote:
>>
>> 1- postgresql-rdkit
>> 2- rdkit-postgresql
>> 3- rdkit-pgsql
>>
>> right now I'm leaning toward 1- given that I found many instances of
>> 3-style packages providing optional pgsql support for "name" and 2- is
>> not very different from 3-
>
> Please use (2). 1 is used for PostgreSQL's core packages or core related
> packages. 2nd one is used for extensions, which is appropriate for what
> you say.

Ok. Thanks for your input.