Old 09-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Myself

Default How to configure a yum repo conf for installing from a local DVD?

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 6:16 AM, Philip Prindeville
<philipp_subx@redfish-solutions.com> wrote:
> *I'm trying to come up with a file to plop in /etc/yum.repos.d/*.conf that will allow me to do:
>
> % yum --enablerepos=fedora-dvd install a b c
>
> from a DVD as my repository. *I need to do this in a scenario where I don't have internet connectivity.

If you do not have internet connectivity, then it might be difficult
to resolve dependencies. Considering that all dependencies of the
packages you want to install are present on the DVD, you can cd to the
media and use a 'yum localinstall a b c' . This will resolve
dependencies and will install them.

--
Regards
Rangeen Basu Roy Chowdhury

Old 09-14-2010, 05:31 PM
Gaveen Prabhasara

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 6:16 AM, Philip Prindeville
<philipp_subx@redfish-solutions.com> wrote:
> *I'm trying to come up with a file to plop in /etc/yum.repos.d/*.conf that will allow me to do:
>
> % yum --enablerepos=fedora-dvd install a b c
>
> from a DVD as my repository. *I need to do this in a scenario where I don't have internet connectivity.
>
> Anyone have previous experience?
You can try a repo file like this:

[fedora-dvd]
name=Fedora-$releasever - Media
baseurl=file:///media/Fedora/
file:///media/cdrom/
file:///media/cdrecorder/
gpgcheck=0
enabled=0

As you can see it assumes the mount points. There's probably better
ways to do that.

> Thanks,
>
> -Philip

Hope this is what you are looking for.