Old 09-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Parag N(पराग़)

Default GConf2 scriptlet

Hi all,
I saw that when I am using new GConf2 scriptlets in packages,
rpmlint is giving output like
W: dangerous-command-in-%pre rm
W: dangerous-command-in-%post rm

Is this ok then while reviewing package? This was not the case for old
GConf2 scriptlets.
I have already seen macros.gconf2 where rm command is used.

Regards,
Parag.

Old 09-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 12:21:49PM +0530, Parag N(पराग़) wrote:
> Hi all,
> I saw that when I am using new GConf2 scriptlets in packages,
> rpmlint is giving output like
> W: dangerous-command-in-%pre rm
> W: dangerous-command-in-%post rm
>
> Is this ok then while reviewing package? This was not the case for old
> GConf2 scriptlets.
> I have already seen macros.gconf2 where rm command is used.

If it's coming from the macros then it's okay. The macros are copying old
schemas to one location so they can be compared to the new schemas. Once
the need for the copied schemas is gone, the macros clean up the copies
with rm.

-Toshio