Old 08-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Denis Arnaud

Default Discussion of RPM packaging standards and practices for Fedora

2010/8/28 <packaging-request@lists.fedoraproject.org>

> Are there any specific Version Control systems which are designed to work

> with the RPM format out of the box like svn, cvs, git, sccs?

> I would potentially like something that will automagically populate the

> ?Version? and ?Changelog? fields in my spec files for some home grown

> packages I maintain.

Some Boost developers have started and maintain ryppl (as reported in http://lists.boost.org/boost-cmake/2010/08/0924.php), which may correspond (partly) to what you are looking for:

*http://ryppl.org/

*http://ryppl.github.com/

*http://github.com/boost-lib/

Then, of course, there are the tools used by Fedora. To name a few, Mock, Koji, Bodhi, Mash, TurboGears, Git, Trac, FedPkg. And, for the virtual machines, Xen is apparently used.

Denis