Old 08-17-2010, 02:16 PM
"Boyce, Kevin P (AS)"

Default RPM and Version Control Systems

Hi All,

*

Hopefully I’m at the right place to ask this
question.

*

Does anyone know a good way to keep rpm packages under
revision control?* How does the fedora team manage all those packages?

*

Are there any specific Version Control systems which are
designed to work with the RPM format out of the box like svn, cvs, git, sccs?

*

I would potentially like something that will
automagically populate the “Version” and “Changelog”
fields in my spec files for some home grown packages I maintain.

*

*

Regards,

Kevin