Old 01-18-2008, 06:46 PM
Anthony Green

Default Lisp packaging draft

For your review...

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Lisp

AG

Old 01-19-2008, 12:42 AM
Toshio Kuratomi

Anthony Green wrote:

For your review...

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Lisp

Cool. Thanks for taking charge of this.

A bit of feedback: High level:
* The guidelines need to be written so that a reviewer can effectively
use them to decide if a package is conforming. This means that you
might have to explain things that the packager will understand (since
they come from a lisp background) but the reviewer might not.

Specifics:
* What is adsf? Is it a format or a utility? If the former, how do we
get libraries into that format, if the latter, how and when do we invoke it?

* What differentiates a lisp library from another piece of lisp?
* How do the various register/unregister commands translate to
%post/%preun scriptlets?

* What package are the register/unregister commands provided in?
* What package provides /usr/lib/common-lisp?
* What package provides /usr/share/common-lisp?
* Why do we use /usr/lib/common-lisp instead of /usr/libexec/common-lisp?
* What are fasls?
* What provides /var/cache/common-lisp-controller?
* What is being created in
/var/cache/common-lisp-controller/<userid>/<implementation>/<library>/ ?

* What creates those directories? Who creates those directories?
* You mention compiling of libraries. Where do those get dropped on the
system? What are the commands to generate those during %build?
* It looks like some of the Debian Guidelines aren't going necessary for
Fedora... for instance::

{{{
- register-common-lisp-source:
does nothing
}}}
In Fedora, we try to avoid doing things that are no-ops.

I'm sure there will be more questions after these are answered and
incorporated into your draft :-)

-Toshio