Old 06-25-2010, 05:20 PM
Bruno Wolff III

Default Documentation on request special rawhide tags

I went looking for documentation on when and how to request special
dist tags for rawhide to make soname bumps less disruptive and didn't
find any official process documentation for packagers.

I ended up just filing a releng ticket, which will probably do what I want.
But I think there is a problem. Either the documention is harder to find
than it should be or there isn't any. I did find something for tagging in
new rawhide packages, but that isn't quite the same thing. My knowledge
that you can make such requests came from email messages I have seen on
the mailing lists.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Jesse Keating

Old 06-25-2010, 06:18 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 10:58:49 -0700,
Jesse Keating <jkeating@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 6/25/10 10:20 AM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > I went looking for documentation on when and how to request special
> > dist tags for rawhide to make soname bumps less disruptive and didn't
> > find any official process documentation for packagers.
> >
> > I ended up just filing a releng ticket, which will probably do what I want.
> > But I think there is a problem. Either the documention is harder to find
> > than it should be or there isn't any. I did find something for tagging in
> > new rawhide packages, but that isn't quite the same thing. My knowledge
> > that you can make such requests came from email messages I have seen on
> > the mailing lists.
>
> I don't believe there is any documentation. Feel free to start some (:

Filing a ticket with releng is the correct action needed to trigger having
it happen?

I'll be wishy washy on when people should do this. That can be updated later.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Jesse Keating

Old 06-27-2010, 03:55 PM
Bruno Wolff III