Old 06-25-2010, 07:46 AM
Chen Lei

Default Adding a package to Fedora

2010/6/25 Jaime Robles <jaime@robles.es>:
> Good morning,
>
> I am the developer of KLog [1]&[2] a hamradio logging software for KDE/QT4.
>
> One user of KLog asked me for the reason that KLog is not included in
> Fedora... Well, the question seems easy for me... no Fedora's developer
> has been requested/interested in packaging it for Fedora :-)
>
> So this email has the objective to start the process to add KLog into
> Fedora so the Fedora's users can install it *easily.
>
> I am not familiar with Fedora... I'm sorry for that O:-) but I would like
> to ask if you could provide me with a link to the "request for package"
> page of Fedora, if any.
>
> Would if be possible that me (or any other people) creates the package of
> KLog for Fedora and that package is added to the distribution?
>
> I would thank you if you could answer my questions and/or point me to the
> appropriate links. I have search in your website but I did not found what
> I was looking for.
>
> Thank you very *much.

You can contact KDE-SIG for help, they are interested in packging good
quality KDE software for fedora.

See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE

Regards,
Chen Lei

Old 06-25-2010, 12:45 PM
Jon Ciesla

On 06/25/2010 02:46 AM, Chen Lei wrote:
> 2010/6/25 Jaime Robles<jaime@robles.es>:
>
>> Good morning,
>>
>> I am the developer of KLog [1]&[2] a hamradio logging software for KDE/QT4.
>>
>> One user of KLog asked me for the reason that KLog is not included in
>> Fedora... Well, the question seems easy for me... no Fedora's developer
>> has been requested/interested in packaging it for Fedora :-)
>>
>> So this email has the objective to start the process to add KLog into
>> Fedora so the Fedora's users can install it easily.
>>
>> I am not familiar with Fedora... I'm sorry for that O:-) but I would like
>> to ask if you could provide me with a link to the "request for package"
>> page of Fedora, if any.
>>
>> Would if be possible that me (or any other people) creates the package of
>> KLog for Fedora and that package is added to the distribution?
>>
>> I would thank you if you could answer my questions and/or point me to the
>> appropriate links. I have search in your website but I did not found what
>> I was looking for.
>>
>> Thank you very much.
>>

> You can contact KDE-SIG for help, they are interested in packging good
> quality KDE software for fedora.
>
> See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE
>

> Regards,
> Chen Lei

I would also recommend contacting Randall Berry (CCd), whom I know to be
interested in and familiar with packaging Ham bits for Fedora.

-J

--
- in your fear, speak only peace
in your fear, seek only love

-d. bowie

Old 06-25-2010, 06:09 PM
"Berry, Randall"

On 06/25/2010 02:52 AM, Jaime Robles wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I am the developer of KLog [1]&[2] a hamradio logging software for KDE/QT4.
>
> One user of KLog asked me for the reason that KLog is not included in
> Fedora... Well, the question seems easy for me... no Fedora's developer
> has been requested/interested in packaging it for Fedora :-)
>
> So this email has the objective to start the process to add KLog into
> Fedora so the Fedora's users can install it easily.
>
> I am not familiar with Fedora... I'm sorry for that O:-) but I would like
> to ask if you could provide me with a link to the "request for package"
> page of Fedora, if any.
>
> Would if be possible that me (or any other people) creates the package of
> KLog for Fedora and that package is added to the distribution?
>
> I would thank you if you could answer my questions and/or point me to the
> appropriate links. I have search in your website but I did not found what
> I was looking for.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> [1] http://jaime.robles.es/eklog.php
> [2] http://developer.berlios.de/projects/klog/

Hi Jaime,
I'll take a look at packaging Klog, After field day of course

73 de Randy N3LRX