Old 06-25-2010, 06:52 AM
"Jaime Robles"

Default Adding a package to Fedora

Good morning,

I am the developer of KLog [1]&[2] a hamradio logging software for KDE/QT4.

One user of KLog asked me for the reason that KLog is not included in
Fedora... Well, the question seems easy for me... no Fedora's developer
has been requested/interested in packaging it for Fedora :-)

So this email has the objective to start the process to add KLog into
Fedora so the Fedora's users can install it easily.

I am not familiar with Fedora... I'm sorry for that O:-) but I would like
to ask if you could provide me with a link to the "request for package"
page of Fedora, if any.

Would if be possible that me (or any other people) creates the package of
KLog for Fedora and that package is added to the distribution?

I would thank you if you could answer my questions and/or point me to the
appropriate links. I have search in your website but I did not found what
I was looking for.

Thank you very much.

[1] http://jaime.robles.es/eklog.php
[2] http://developer.berlios.de/projects/klog/

--
Un saludo,
Jaime Robles, EA4TV

Visita:
http://jaime.robles.es

Old 06-25-2010, 07:05 AM
Ankur Sinha

Hello ,

On Fri, 2010-06-25 at 08:52 +0200, Jaime Robles wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I am the developer of KLog [1]&[2] a hamradio logging software for KDE/QT4.
>
> One user of KLog asked me for the reason that KLog is not included in
> Fedora... Well, the question seems easy for me... no Fedora's developer
> has been requested/interested in packaging it for Fedora :-)
>
> So this email has the objective to start the process to add KLog into
> Fedora so the Fedora's users can install it easily.
>
> I am not familiar with Fedora... I'm sorry for that O:-) but I would like
> to ask if you could provide me with a link to the "request for package"
> page of Fedora, if any.

Frankly, there are a lot of links

This is what you could do:

(1) You could add it to the "wish list"[1] and wait for someone to pick
it up.

OR

> Would if be possible that me (or any other people) creates the package of
> KLog for Fedora and that package is added to the distribution?

(2) You could package it yourself[2] and submit it for review. Once the
review is approved, it will be included in the Fedora repos.

The links have sufficient info. If you still have queries, feel free to
post to the list(s)[3] or ask folks on the irc[4].

> I would thank you if you could answer my questions and/or point me to the
> appropriate links. I have search in your website but I did not found what
> I was looking for.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> [1] http://jaime.robles.es/eklog.php
> [2] http://developer.berlios.de/projects/klog/

Thank you for trying to add another package into Fedora. Looking forward
to seeing it in the repos soon!

regards,
Ankur

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/WishList