Old 06-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Parag N(पराग़)

Default pkgconfig as BuildRequires really needed?

Hi,
I see minimal build environment always pulling pkgconfig and also
we have " There is no need to include the following packages or their
dependencies as BuildRequires because they would occur too often."
written in packaging guidelines[1]. Does this mean I can recommend in
new package reviews or existing package owners to drop BuildRequires:
pkgconfig in spec files?

Parag.

[1]https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Exceptions_2