Old 06-21-2010, 09:10 AM
Nguyen Kim Son

Default Packaging kernel modules

Hello,

I'd like to package a kernel module for my company repository ( I know that fedora doesn't accept kernel module for official repo). I have followed the link
http://rpmfusion.org/Packaging/KernelModules/Kmods2

But when I build the spec file, there are always some errors like:
kernel-devel-uname-r = 2.6.32.14-127.fc12.i686.PAEdebug.PAE is needed by mymodule-kmod-0.0-1{?dist}.1.srcthat I don't have any idea about.

Actually, I don't really understand this mechanism: if for example, I want to install foo on my machine with kernel 2.6.32.14 but there is only kmod-foo-2.6.32.12, does yum take this package automatically? Or do I need to make a package for kernel 2.6.32.14? What kmod does exactly?

Thank you in advance,
Son.