Old 06-01-2010, 04:46 PM
salsaman

Default Inaccurate information about LiVES package

I've looked into adding gst support and it is something I would love to have, unfortunately there seems to be no generic media detection capability in gstreamer, which is a must have for LiVES. The same problem with MLT.

Regards,
Salsaman.

http://lives.sourceforge.net
https://www.ohloh.net/accounts/salsaman

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta@gmail.com> wrote:

2010/6/1 salsaman <salsaman@gmail.com>:

> Theora/ogg encoding uses encoder_example from libtheora. Some packages

> rename this to theora_encoder_example (which will also work with LiVES) and

> include it in libtheora-bin package.

Thanks for the clarification. We may need to rework the libtheora

package to better support LIVES before it is introduced. The libtheora

we ship does not including any binary executables.. just the

libraries.

If you could find a way to support a theora/ogg gstreamer pipeline via

use of gst-launch for our users to use until mplayer is installed that

would be another option instead of the encoder_example.

-jef

Old 06-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Jeff Spaleta

2010/6/1 salsaman <salsaman@gmail.com>:
> I've looked into adding gst support and it is something I would love to
> have, unfortunately there seems to be no generic media detection capability
> in gstreamer, which is a must have for LiVES. The same problem with MLT.

a call to a gst-launch script can't be used in place of
encoder_example? I'm looking specifically just to replace the shell
out to encoder_example for theora functionality.. not deeply integrate
gst.

-jef

Old 06-01-2010, 04:50 PM
salsaman