-   -   What is the category of a dictionary type software in desktop file? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-packaging/372211-what-category-dictionary-type-software-desktop-file.html)

Chen Lei 05-17-2010 03:10 PM

What is the category of a dictionary type software in desktop file?

2010/5/17 Liberty <mrlhwliberty@gmail.com>

I maintain the goldendict, a multiformat dictionary. nucleo has suggested that the desktop
file should be in category

Categories=Office;Dictionary;Education;Qt;Applicat ions
according to the
http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/apa.html

However I have found that gnome-dictionary and stardict has placed the
category in Utilities;Dictionary.
I am puzzled about which is correct. Thanks.