Old 05-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Liberty

Default What is the category of a dictionary type software in desktop file?

I maintain the goldendict, a multiformat dictionary. nucleo has suggested that the desktop
file should be in category
Categories=Office;Dictionary;Education;Qt;Applicat ions
according to the
http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/apa.html
However I have found that gnome-dictionary and stardict has placed the
category in Utilities;Dictionary.
I am puzzled about which is correct. Thanks.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Rakesh Pandit

On 17 May 2010 20:22, Liberty wrote:
> I maintain the goldendict, a multiformat dictionary. nucleo has suggested that the desktop
> file should be in category
> Categories=Office;Dictionary;Education;Qt;Applicat ions
> according to the
> http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/apa.html
> However I have found that gnome-dictionary and stardict has placed the
> category in Utilities;Dictionary.
> I am puzzled about which is correct. Thanks.

Following standards.freedesktop.org would make sense here. You can
suggest gnome-dictionary maintainers to update accordingly.

--
Rakesh Pandit
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Rakesh