Old 04-23-2010, 11:17 PM

Default Failed Dependencies while installing

Hi

*

I have installed the complete SDK on the machine and trying
to install our product which uses the libraries. When I install our product rpm
it says

*

error: Failed dependencies:

******* libvixAllProducts.so is needed

*

If I use –nodeps and install it will install and runs
correctly.

*

What should I do to make sure that I don’t get this
error?

*

Madhukar

*

Old 04-23-2010, 11:28 PM
John Dennis

On 04/23/2010 07:17 PM, MGandra@diskeeper.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have installed the complete SDK on the machine and trying to install
> our product which uses the libraries. When I install our product rpm it says
>
> error: Failed dependencies:
>
> libvixAllProducts.so is needed
>
> If I use –nodeps and install it will install and runs correctly.
>
> What should I do to make sure that I don’t get this error?

Make sure there is an RPM which provides libvixAllProducts.so.

I assume the only reason whatever iyou're trying to package runs despite
the RPM dependency failure is because you've installed
libvixAllProducts.so via some SDK which others won't have. Otherwise
they'll hit the exact same error you short circuited with -nodeps, which
generally is a bad idea.

--
John Dennis <jdennis@redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?