Old 04-22-2010, 09:08 PM
Edmon Begoli

Default Volonteering to own orphaned Java packages JLex and JDom

Hi,

Packages JLex and JDom have been recently orphaned and I am volunteering to
be a new owner of these.

I am a new as a packager, so I would need to be approved and sponsored
as a packager
and to be a new owner of these for Fedora 14+.

I am already Fedora contributor, and I am member of other projects and
CVS groups,
but I do not have CVS packaging privileges yet.

I am experienced software developer with 14 years in Java and 15 years
on RedHat Linux.
I am a member of the research staff at Oak Ridge National Lab
(http://computing.ornl.gov),
and PhD student in Computer Science at UTK (http://utk.edu).

My FAS account is: ebegoli I have account on fedorapeople and my keys
are up to date.

Please approve me, if that is appropriate, as the new owner of JLex
and JDom packages.

Thank you,
Edmon

Old 04-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Jon Ciesla

On 04/22/2010 04:08 PM, Edmon Begoli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Packages JLex and JDom have been recently orphaned and I am volunteering to
> be a new owner of these.
>
> I am a new as a packager, so I would need to be approved and sponsored
> as a packager
> and to be a new owner of these for Fedora 14+.
>
> I am already Fedora contributor, and I am member of other projects and
> CVS groups,
> but I do not have CVS packaging privileges yet.
>
> I am experienced software developer with 14 years in Java and 15 years
> on RedHat Linux.
> I am a member of the research staff at Oak Ridge National Lab
> (http://computing.ornl.gov),
> and PhD student in Computer Science at UTK (http://utk.edu).
>
> My FAS account is: ebegoli I have account on fedorapeople and my keys
> are up to date.
>
> Please approve me, if that is appropriate, as the new owner of JLex
> and JDom packages.
>
> Thank you,
> Edmon

See:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join

You'll need to submit a package for review, etc.

Once your review is submitted, you could email the -devel list or this
list, explain the situation, and you may find someone willing to work
with you in this process.

Thanks and best of luck,

-J