-   -   Songbird -> Nightingale (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-packaging/352794-songbird-nightingale.html)

Kamisamanou Burgess 04-06-2010 09:38 PM

Songbird -> Nightingale

There has been some discussion on the RedHat bugzilla about Songbird dropping Linux support. I am here to let you know that Tom "spot" Callaway may get his wishes.

We have started a project called Nightingale(*http://getnightingale.org*) that seeks to fix Songbird under Linux, primarily. We are still in the housekeeping phase of getting things moved over, created, etc. and I would like to know what are the problems preventing Nightingale(formerly Lyrebird, formerly Songbird) from being ready for Fedora other than the gstreamer issue?

As far as the gstreamer issue is concerned, we want to use the distros gstreamer, which should fix that problem.

--
Sayonara,
Kamisamanou Burgess